Relations with shareholders
The Company is committed to communicating its strategy and activities clearly to its shareholders and, to that end, maintains an active dialogue with investors through a planned programme of investor relations activities. The investor relations programme includes:
- formal presentations of preliminary and interim results;
- Q1, Q2 pre-close and Q3 trading statements with conference calls at Q2 and Q3;
- regular meetings between institutional investors and senior management to ensure that the investor community receives a balanced and complete view of the Group's performance and the issues faced by the Group;
- hosting investors' and analysts' sessions at which senior managers from relevant Operating Companies deliver presentations which provide an overview of their individual businesses;
- responding to enquiries from shareholders through the Company's investor relations team;
- regular meetings between institutional investors and analysts and the Group Chief Executive and Group Finance Director to discuss business performance; and
- a comprehensive investor relations section on the Company's website.
The Chairman, the Senior Independent Director and the chairmen of the Board's committees are available to meet major investors on request. The Senior Independent Director has a specific responsibility to be available to shareholders who have concerns, and for whom contact with the Chairman, Group Chief Executive or Group Finance Director has either failed to resolve their concerns, or for whom such contact is inappropriate.
The Chairman of the Remuneration Committee consulted with major shareholders on the comprehensive review of the Company's remuneration arrangements and took on board their views when proposing the design and policy changes detailed within the Directors' Remuneration Report.